Tui Blue Bahari Zanzibar is an award-winning hotel situated in the northeast coast of Zanzibar, in Kiwengwa, amidst lush tropical gardens and the warm waters of the Indian ocean. The hotel exudes an elegant sense of history and tradition, nestled between tropical gardens and serene ocean creates a lovely setting for a relaxing holiday.
We are seeking a Senior Sales Manager who will be responsible for managing the hotel’s account portfolio and developing strategies and account plans to meet and exceed their targets.
Based on property, the Senior Sales Manager will be the key contact for the wider commercial team being the liaison between them and the hotel operations team.
The Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for gathering local market and competition data and distributing across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Total Revenue (Room, F&B, Ancillary) and sell to both existing and potential accounts to meet and exceed the goals as set in the annual budget. Senior Sales Manager will also be responsible for managing groups and meetings and events requests.
- Implement hotel’s short-, mid- and long-term strategy in conjunction with Cluster Director of Sales, Revenue / Commercial team, Hotel General Manager and other stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the reservation team by establishing a strong “Drive for Results‟ culture, communicating a set of goals and targets and providing frequent feedback where necessary to manage performance to its optimum.
- Develop clear account plans to drive growth while maintain relationships with partners through organised meetings, entertainment, fam trips, site inspections, trade shows, sales trip visits, virtual meetings, training presentations etc…
- Embed the Sales Standards and Operating Policies using the CRM to capture all relevant client data, prepare weekly monthly reports to monitor business and identify gaps and opportunities to grow revenues. Attend meetings as required.
Financial Returns Exceed revenue targets by:
- Focusing on the right accounts, managing and growing the business from a mix of existing and new accounts
- Setting strategies and accounts plans for the top 20-30 accounts
- Finalising annual calendar incorporating tactical promotions, joint marketing campaigns with partners, updating as and when required.
- Issuing and finalising contracts ensuring all relevant terms and conditions are incorporated into the agreement including brochure contribution, credit terms and conditions, tactical promotions, joint marketing spend etc.
- Gathering actionable data from partners to ensure consistent and continual optimization of the campaigns.
- Responding to groups and meetings and events requests within 24 hours.
- Developing innovative and bespoke meetings and events offerings with operations team to differentiate hotel from competition.
- Tracking all offers, monitoring conversion and reviewing lost business to adapt strategies where needed.
- Gathering market intelligence sharing with key stakeholders on monthly basis.
- Tracking account performance issuing tactical promotions as and when required in line with the booking windows for each key feeder market.
- Maintaining healthy relationships with existing accounts and develop and strengthen relations with new accounts through increased engagement and interaction including: Sales trips, Fam Trips, Educationals, Virtual Meetings, Industry Exhibitions
- Providing input, advice and contribute towards the annual budgeting process including pricing and rate structure recommendations,
- Establishing solid understanding of numbers to evaluate revenue performance, understand profit contribution to GOP and monitor sales department’s impact on hotel profitability.
- Sharing ideas to drive additional revenue and consider innovative opportunities of product distribution: online systems, websites, networks, partnerships etc.
- Regularly evaluating business potential and opportunities in new geographical markets and across new market segments.
- Developing travel schedule and budget to geographic target markets.
Beat the competition
- Regularly visit the competition to remain updated and informed.
- Track and monitor competitor performance.
- Gather Market intelligence and share with key stakeholders.
- Monitor travel trends locally and internationally to understand shifts in business and adapt sales strategies when relevant.
- Share partner feedback with operations team.
Standard Operating Policies
- Follow all standard operating policies as per brand and hotel requirements.
- Manage and monitor shared drives ensuring all commercial leaders are updating and adding their content.
- Update relevant systems and reports to reflect daily sales activities.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience in leading sales and driving sales performance within hospitality industry
- Demonstrated success in growing or increasing sales in a competitive market
- A culturally intelligent manager with international capability operating at a similar level
- Marketing acumen, developing excursion products or additional revenue streams and destination related ancillaries, with a track record of delivering on wide-spread targets
- Results driven, sales-minded individual, able to forecast based on realistic opportunity assessments and effectively manage deviations
- Analytical and strong Microsoft Excel skills, able to produce, read and understand sales data to set actions and follow-up
- High level networking capability to build strong professional relationship to key stakeholders that will positively impact on strategic and tactical business development
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to deliver outstanding customer experience and quality improvements
- Experience in Hotel and Hospitality industry is an advantage
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent Business English both oral and written
- Familiar with East Africa MICE Market including Safari business